Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wait With Faith

Lord, you have faithfully shown me
So many times before
And this time is no exception, Lord,
And simply can't be ignored
~
That you know all that concerns my life,
Everything your eyes do see
You always come through at just the right time
To meet my every need
~
For nothing escapes your watchful eye,
No problem that we may cross
But so often, Lord, it seems as though
There's a delay in your response
~
I know it's a testing of our faith
To wait so patiently
You stretch us so our faith may grow,
Though we want it instantly
~
But it's for our good that you respond
In your time, not in ours,
For if you didn't - we'd stay as infants,
Getting everything right now
~
For us to grow more Christ-like,
We need to learn to wait,
For often that's the answer to prayer
And builds us up in faith
~
So I thank you for the answer to come
As I hand it over in prayer
Thank you that you're still working on me
And my breakthrough's drawing near.

© By M.S.Lowndes

No comments:

Post a Comment