Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Oh Great God


O great God of highest heaven 
Occupy my lowly heart 
Own it all and reign supreme 
Conquer every rebel power 
Let no vice or sin remain 
That resists Your holy war 
You have loved and purchased me 
Make me Yours forevermore 

I was blinded by my sin 
Had no ears to hear Your voice 
Did not know Your love within 
Had no taste for heaven’s joys 
Then Your Spirit gave me life 
Opened up Your Word to me 
Through the gospel of Your Son 
Gave me endless hope and peace 

Help me now to live a life 
That’s dependent on Your grace 
Keep my heart and guard my soul 
From the evils that I face 
You are worthy to be praised 
With my every thought and deed 
O great God of highest heaven 
Glorify Your Name through me 


Credits: 
Words and music by Bob Kauflin 
© 2006 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)

No comments:

Post a Comment