Wednesday, October 9, 2013

As Dead as The Grave

   Right now my brother is having a violin lesson. He is having his lesson in a historian old church that is over two hundred years old. It still has the big old bell, and you can ring the bell by pulling a big long rope that hangs down inside of the church.
   Behind the old church is a graveyard. Around the graveyard is a 3 foot rock wall with a old gait. All the people that were buried in  this graveyard died a hundred years ago at least. Some even died in the early 1800's.
   I was (and am) sitting on the rock wall that surrounds the graveyard. I was praying and pleading with God to create in me a new heart. To make self, pride, and any other sinful and unchrist-like trait dead-as dead as these people in this grave.
   (Grave yards are so peaceful, 'gentle', and soothing to ones worry soul. Whenever I'm in a graveyard I feel close to Jesus, as if He is standing right beside me.)
   I got up, and began walking around looking at all the old grave stones, as I whispered a midst the soft breeze that blew and the rustling trees, "Yes, Lord, as dead as the people in this grave! And make me as gentle as the soft breeze that blows! As peaceful, and encouraging as this graveyard! Lord, as gentle as a kitten I want to be!" Tears began to flow as I thought of the woman I longed to become! I begged, and pleaded as I looked up into the beautiful clear blue sky, with tears in my eyes I managed to whisper, "Lord, please, I beg you! Make me a woman of true purity! One who is noble! One who is like a ray of sunshine in everyone's lives! One who speaks with the most tenderest voice. Who is ever so patient and kind! Please dear, Lord! Please make me a woman in your total likeness! Please, Lord!" A sense of peace, and assurance swept over me, and I felt a sense of freedom, and true peace.

    Oh, if only every girl would seek, and strive for true beauty! If only every girl would see, and seek for true value! If only every girl would TRULY strive to be 100% LIKE Christ! Some may say: "Oh yes, I am. I agree totally with you." If only they would search their hearts and lives they would find out that they have been wrong. And if only they would make the sacrifice today they would be so much happier in the end.
   I pray that every girl who professes to be a Christian will truly strive, not just strive, but will truly search their own hearts and lives, and ask God for wisdom and guidance. Step forward ready to fight, and do whatever it takes. Through the fight Jesus will be your strength. Without Him you are nothing, and can do nothing. Keep your eyes on Him. Talk with Him often, and continually ask Him for guidance. With Him as your guide it will be much harder to take a wrong step.
    My prayers are with you!


(Written Oct. 8, 2013). 

No comments:

Post a Comment