Sunday, September 22, 2013

Just to Be Your Friend....

I am not asking for very much
Though to you it may seem my plan;
But right now, all I want is your life to touch
With a caring, tender hand.

To be that listening ear
That listens to all you have to say;
To be someone that will be near
And for you in humble heart pray.

To sing the song of your heart
When the words and tune you’ve lost;
To encourage you to reach the mark
Of a godly life no matter the cost.

Not to be someone that pulls you down
Or takes the place of the Lord;
But to remind you of the Friend you’ve found
In Jesus who has overcome the world.

I reach my hand out to thee
But your hand is still by your side;
I hope you’ll reach back to me
But it seems to me you don’t mind.

I only want to be your friend
Nothing more do I ask right now;
For the rest is in God’s hand
And He knows best and how.

To show you that someone cares
No matter what you’ve done or will become;
Who cherishes you and joy shares
And the Christian race to run.

So, will you reach back by and by
And answers to my hopeful call;
Of blooming the friendship tie
And together in Him stand true and tall?

I ask for nothing more, you see
To  be to you a true friend;
On sunny or cloudy days to be
Someone on who you can depend…

For the rest is in God’s hands
To fulfill as He sees best;
So I leave it up to Him to plan
But to be just your friend, I’ll be blessed!
By: Sabrina Kae Oliver
May 25th, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment