Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Filled With Him?

  Have you ever had some "friends" that you were so excited to see. And as the time grew nearer your excitement grew. Finally the day came. You went with excitement to see them and you thought that feeling was mutual.
  With excitement you greeted them but for some reason they didn't share in the excitement. Instead they walked away as if you were a total stranger.

  Standing alone...You see them coming, Maybe now they will include me and not put me off... But they simply walk by as if you don't exist.

  What happened? What was wrong? What had you done?
The questions seemed to flood your mind.

  I remember many instances when I was younger where I cried myself to sleep because the people I thought were my friends turned out not to be my friends at all.

  These instances have always made me think "What would Jesus do?" "Am I treating others truly how I would want to be treated?" "Have I treated others like these "friends" have treated me?"

  But as much as it hurt I don't hold bitterness to these instances or the people they involved.
It has only made me want to reach out to everyone who has been judged or sluffed off and make sure I wasn't excluding people from the "click".

  So often we judge others and if they do not size up to our standards or expectations we sluff them off as if they aren't humans just like us.

  Have you read anywhere where Christ did not treat someone with the deepest love and tenderness? Of course not!
  I've often wondered why people can't just be friends with anyone. No matter what race, age, size, status, standards, denomination, mutual friends, name and so on.

Christ is our example. And His example is quite clear.

 The world is watching us. Are we showing the world what true Christianity is looks like? We may think no one is watching. But your every act, every word, every thought is being recorded and determining your destiny.

We are called to love. To be Love.



  If we are Love and if Christ is truly living in our hearts His love and kindness will flow through us.

Oh what we say we live... Is it really true? Or are we just a bunch of great actors playing different roles in Satan's stage?

All or nothing.

Our hearts can't be half filled with Christ and half filled with Satan.
Christ can't dwell where Satan is welcome.

Who are we serving? What life are we truly living? Are we really who we betray?

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, Tiana, So sad! I have had that happen to me so many times. But also so true! "We are called to be love" thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete